Phasor - high power brushless motors that excel in great efficiency and durability.
Phasor motors are designed mainly for race model disciplines, but it can be used also when flying recreationally. They excel at their power, high efficiency at all load levels and they have a very low weight.
The Contra-propeller drive is very useful for acrobatic models for many reasons, for example, reducing the effect of motor torque on the fuselage and eliminating the gyroscopic effect of the propeller.
The PHASOR Contra Prop drive are designed with a planetary gearbox, where the speed and power of both propellers are split. This type of drive has a higher efficiency (6 to 16%) compared to a standard single-propeller drive.
Lubrication of the gearbox is very easy and it is not necessary to disassemble the entire drive, all you have to do is remove the front spinner and the supplied lubricant is applied through the hollow shaft directly to the gearbox. Lubrication of the gearbox is recommended every three hours of motor operation.
The drive is tested and used for more than three seasons by aerobatics legend Gernot Bruckman.
Benefits of PHASOR Contra Prop:
- elimination the gyroscopic effect of the propeller
- reduce the maximum torque that goes through the fuselage of the airplane from the motor
- elimination of P-factor (a single propeller at a high angle to the direction of the flowing air has a different thrust of each blade and therefore the aircraft has to be stabilised by rudder input)
- the planetary gearbox of the drive performs the differential split of the power on the each propeller. This solution guarantees a more stable flow of air around the fuselage compared to belt systems that have the same rotation speed for both propellers.
- the optimized planetary gearbox for long service life is based on the technology of manufacturing industrial gearboxes
- the gearbox lubrication system does not require the drive to be removed from the airplane
- powerful PHASOR motor with high efficiency allows the use of low capacity batteries
- more than double the braking effect of counter-rotating propellers during a steep descent
- higher drive efficiency 6 to 16%
Motor: Phasor 2035 (1150 kV)
Power: 2,2 – 2,9 kW
Power supply: max. 10S (42 V)
Current: 60 A (80 A max. 15 s)
Weight (including propeller holders and spinners): 596 g
Recommended propellers: 20-22/18 front + 20-22/20 rear
Alternative propellers (F3A): 23/20 front + 23/20 rear
Shaft diameter for front propeller: 8,0 mm
Shaft diameter for rear propeller: 17,5 mm
Motor Phasor Race Contra Prop 2035/1150
Weight [g] 596 Dimensions [mm] 192x39 Supply Voltage [V] max. 42V Peak current (max 5s) [A] 80